UK Diving Academy is excited to announce the launch of the new PADI Mermaid program – designed to provide water-enthusiasts an additional outlet for exploring their underwater passion. We are also offering full PADI Mermaid Instructor Training with consumers showing a desire to imitate the underwater abilities of mythical mermaids, this is an excellent opportunity for PADI dive centres and resorts to attract and gain an entirely new customer base.
The word “mermaid” in China roughly translates to “human fish”. In many Asian cultures like China, Japan, South Korea & Vietnam, the word “mermaid’ is not gender-specific and therefore, the words “man” or “woman” need to be added to specify to a particular gender.
The PADI Mermaid program is a stand-alone program like the PADI Freediver program, it doesn’t require scuba or freediver instructor ratings as an underlying certification.
The PADI Mermaid program consists of four student and three instructor level ratings –
PADI Mermaid Student Levels
- PADI Discover Mermaid Experience – no prerequisites
- PADI Basic Mermaid Course – ability to swim at least 25m and float comfortably at the surface for at least 3 minutes
- PADI Mermaid Course – ability to swim at least 50m and float comfortably on the surface for 5 minutes
- PADI Advanced Mermaid Course – ability to swim at least 100m and float comfortably on the surface for at least 10 minutes
PADI Mermaid Professional Levels
- Basic Mermaid Instructor – can teach Discover Mermaid experience and Basic Mermaid course
- Mermaid Instructor – can teach Discover Mermaid experience, Basic Mermaid course, Mermaid course and Advanced Mermaid course
- Mermaid Instructor Trainer – can teach Mermaid Instructor course and orientation
With interest in state-of-the-art mermaid training is growing globally and as a result, jump on board today!
For further information, Contact Us and we will create a package custom package just for you.