Uk Diving Academy - PADI Divemaster Internship APPLY NOW
Is diving your passion? Share your knowledge and diving experience with others in the first professional level diving course. Become a role model and a leader to the diver community. Start your journey to become a PADI Divemaster.
If you love diving and want to share your experiences with others the PADI Divemaster course is for you. The Divemaster course is your first professional diving course on the PADI Pro ladder. Working closely with our staff and instructors you will learn the ins and outs of the diving industry, fine tune your diving skills, improve your rescue skills, learn how to anticipate and problem solve and become a role model for divers everywhere.
How does the Internship work with us?
To start you will sit down with us and have an interview. Don’t worry we won’t make you wear formal cloths. This is where we will get to know you and see if you are suitable for the internship. For the time you are with us you are classed as staff and represent us. What we expect from you. 30 days of your time. This is very flexible but we would like 2.5 days minimum a month. On the days that you would work you will be expected to...
- Work as Rescue Diver for the instructor while teaching
- Be shore cover at our dive site.
- Assist in the shop
- Support our instructors at pool sessions.
What You Receive
So when you book onto your PADI Divemaster Internship you will receive your Divemaster Crew pack which contains; PADI Instructor Manual, Divemaster Manual, Divemaster Slates.
What You Learn
During the PADI Divemaster program, you learn dive leadership skills through both classroom and independent study. You complete water skills and stamina exercises, as well as training exercises that stretch your ability to organize and solve problems as well as help others improve their scuba. You put this knowledge into action through a structured internship or series of practical training exercises.
As you progress through your Divemaster course, you will expand your diving knowledge, hone you skills and increase your confidence. Then, as a PADI Divemaster, you’ll use these attributes to lead, mentor and motivate other divers and experience the joy of seeing them transformed by the majesty of the the acquatic realm.
The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, waterskills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities. Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
To take this internship course, you must be:
- 18 years old
- A PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organisation)
- A PADI Rescue Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organisation)
- An Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (or qualifying first aid and CPR training from another organisation) course completion within the past 24 months.
- Have at least 40 dives to begin the course and 60 for certification
- Be fit for diving and submit a HSE Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
- £350.00 to join the internship
- Dive site entry from £15 - £25 per day
Divemaster Application Fee|||UK|||||||||C54PFV_Xl7.-ocMG|||INTERN|||GBP|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false