To enroll in a Tec Trimix Instructor course, you must:
- Be a PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer
- Be a PADI Tec Deep Instructor, or have completed the PADI Tec Deep Instructor training course
- Be a PADI Tec Trimix Diver
- Have a minimum of 200 logged dives, with 20 tec decompression dives of which at least 10 dives were deeper than 40 metres/130 feet using trimix.
Prior to sending in your Tec Trimix Instructor application, you must also:
- Be a PADI Tec Deep Instructor
- Have assisted with at least one Tec Trimix Diver course
- Have a minimum of 350 logged dives, with 50 decompression dives deeper than 40 metres/130 feet of which 30 dives must be deeper than 40 metres/130 feet using trimix and 10 dives deeper than 50 metres/165 feet using trimix with less than 21 percent oxygen.
- Have successfully completed the Tec Trimix Instructor course exams