About The Course
Are you a PADI®Professional who wants to become more aware of individual considerations when working with people who have physical or mental challenges?
PADI Professionals have a long and successful history of working with divers with disabilities. PADI's approach to diver education is (and always has been) inclusive: Everyone who meets a course's prerequisites is welcome to enroll. The PADI Adaptive Techniques Specialty course builds on that foundation by enhancing the training PADI Professionals receive, and preparing them for student-centered and prescriptive approaches when adapting techniques to meet diver needs.
What You Will Learn
The PADI Adaptive Techniques Specialty course focuses on increasing awareness of varying abilities, and explores adaptive teaching techniques to apply when training and diving with physically and mentally challenged divers.
The PADI Adaptive Techniques Specialty course will help PADI Professionals:
- Become more aware and mindful of individual considerations when introducing people with disabilities to diving or freediving.
- Explore adaptive techniques that can be applied while supervising and training divers or freedivers with disabilities in PADI courses and programs.
- Properly counsel and direct student divers, based on their abilities, toward PADI certification, PADI experience programs or a disabilities-dedicated diving organization for limited certification programs.
- Learn additional techniques to motivate and encourage student divers with mental and/or physical challenges.
Book Your PADI Adaptive Techniques Course Now!
How To Book
To enrol onto this course please contact the dive centre. You will then receive an email asking for some more details to get you registered and also offering some help to get you started with your online materials. After that, we will send you more details on logistics of your course, such where to be and when. If you have any questions simply give us a call to discuss this further.Contact Us
- PADI Divemasters or PADI Master Freedivers
- EFR Primary and Secondary Care course within 24 months
Are eligible to take the PADI Adaptive Techniques Specialty course.
Scuba diving requires a minimum level of health and fitness. Chronic health conditions, certain medications and/or recent surgery may require you to get written approval from a physician before diving.
Avoid disappointment, download and review the Diver Medical form to ensure you won’t need a physician’s approval to dive before enrolling in a scuba course. Instructors, divemasters and dive shop staff are not physicians and should not be asked for medical advice; only medical professionals can give medical clearance to dive.
If you (or your physician) have questions about medical fitness to dive, contact the experts at Divers Alert Network (DAN).
We will provide all your core scuba diving equipment during your course including:
- Mask & Snorkel
- Buoyancy Device
- Scuba Cylinder
- Weight System & Weights
- Scuba Diving Computer
- Scuba Diving Fins
- Dry Suit & Undersuit (If Required)
During your course, we will include Free rental of all of the above core dive gear items only. You will be required to collect your core dive gear prior to the open water training dives from us.
- Course Tuition
- PADI eLearning
- Equipment hire
- Air Fills in the pool and first fill at open water site
- Certification card
- Dive site entry from £15- £25 per day
- Transport (we will do our best to arrange lifts if needed)
- Subsequent air fills on open water dives payable directly to site
Join Our Newsletter
Become a VIP and find out about new arrivals, special offers, destination updates and more in our newsletter.
Join Our Dive Club
Keep diving in your local area by joining our dive club. Our dive club members are all active fivers in the local area. The dive club is open to anyone - whatever agency you trained with, whatever level of diver you are. All you need is a love of diving!
We also organise several holidays each year, UK and abroad, as well as shore dives off the UK coast and regular dive weekends to Vobster Quay. On top of all that there is also regular social events and activities including paintball, 'dry dives' in recompression chambers and regular club meetings.