The DAN First Aid course is designed for students already certified as Basic Life Support (BLS) providers who want to learn first aid techniques to be used in case of injuries or illnesses that do not directly threaten the survival of the victim.
DAN FIRST AID
The DAN First Aid course trains you to provide first aid to injured people involved in situations that do not directly threaten their lives. The programme includes assessment and management of injuries and illnesses. The student will learn how to apply techniques to prevent the worsening of an injury, how to assess a person's state of health and how to activate the Emergency Medical Service.
The First Aid course teaches how to operate in absolute safety with full protection of the rescuer's health, who will learn how to correctly use different Individual Protection Devices (PPE).
- First Aid Features
- Injury assessment
- Illness assessment
- Signs, symptoms and First Aid techniques for main medical emergencies:
- Breathing difficulties
- Heart attack
- Severe abdominal pain
- Altered level of consciousness
- Allergic reaction
- Diabetic emergencies (hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia)
- Poisoning (ingestion, inhalation and absorption)
- Alcohol or drug intoxication
- Bandaging and wound management
- Eye injury
- Hemostatic agents
- Splinting techniques
- Lifting and moving an injured person
- Temperature-related injuries