The Learning Materials
Our experiences and courses require a minimum level of health and fitness. Chronic health conditions, certain medications and/or recent surgery may require you to get written approval from a physician before diving.
Avoid disappointment, download and review the Diver Medical form to ensure you won’t need a physician’s approval to dive before enrolling in a scuba course. Instructors, divemasters and dive shop staff are not physicians and should not be asked for medical advice; only medical professionals can give medical clearance to dive.
If you (or your physician) have questions about medical fitness to dive, contact the experts at Divers Alert Network (DAN), or your own Doctor.
You will not be able to participate in any pool or open water sessions without confirming your fitness to dive.
If the above points are not adhered to no later than 14 days before the start of your course, it will greatly slow down the course for yourself and the other students.
For this reason, if the effort and commitment has not been made, you will be assigned another course and an additional cost of £75 may be charged. In the event you do not book another course date, no refund will be made.
The Scuba Gear You Will Need
To take part in this course you will need to make sure you have, as minimum:
- Fins, mask and snorkel
- Buoyancy control device (BCD) with tank mount or separate backpack, and low-pressure inflator
- Primary regulator and alternate air source
- Breathing gas monitoring device (e.g. submersible pressure gauge)
- Depth monitoring device
- Quick release weight system and weights (if necessary for neutral buoyancy, or if required for skills practice)
- Adequate exposure protection appropriate for our local dive conditions.
- At least one audible emergency surface signaling device (whistle, air horn, etc.).
- Dive computer or RDP Note: If dives are planned using the RDP, the diver must have a timing device.
During your course, we will offer equipment rental of all of the above core dive gear. You will be required to collect your core dive gear prior to the open water training dives from us.