About Your Course
Becoming a professional PADI Mermaid Instructor opens up a whole new world of exciting opportunities.
Are you ready to join the ranks of the dedicated professionals who teach the world's most progressive and popular mermaid education programs?
Then Go Pro with our Instructor Development Course that are run here in the UK & Internationally.
Our team here at the Uk Diving Academy made up of PADI Mermaid Instructor Trainer and Instructors will guide you through your Instructor Development Course to become a PADI Mermaid Instructor.
What You Will Learn
Complete Mermaid Instructor Course knowledge development sections
- Successfully complete Mermaid Instructor Exam with a passing score of at least 75 percent.
- Complete Basic Water Skills Workshop
Complete the Mermaid Skills Workshop:
- Proper breathing technique before, during and after a dive
- A vertical, headfirst duck dive, from the surface in water too deep in which to stand
- An efficient dolphin kick underwater while maintaining directional control
- Backward somersault turn
- Underwater hand shaking (team combination movement)
- Mermaid bubble
- Back glide
Complete the Rescue and Assistance skills Workshop:
- Tow (or push) a diver for 100 metres/yards nonstop, at the surface, without assistance using monofin (mermaid tail).
- Demonstrate the rescue of an unresponsive, nonbreathing mermaid diver at the surface and tow the victim for at least 50 metres/yards using monofin
Assist a current, Teaching status Mermaid Instructor or Instructor Trainer with at least one Discover Mermaid program and two Basic Mermaid courses/Mermaid course Confined Water Session 1s.
What Can I Teach As A PADI Mermaid Instructor?
As a PADI Mermaid Instrcutor you are able to teach:
- PADI Discover Mermaid
- PADI Basic Mermaid
- PADI Mermaid
- PADI Advanced Mermaid
- 18 years old
- Certified as a PADI Advanced Mermaid (or have a qualifying certification)
- Completed EFR Primary and Secondary Care training (or have a qualifying certification) within the last 24 months
- Current medical statement signed by a physician within the previous 12 months
Mermaiding requires a minimum level of health and fitness. Chronic health conditions, certain medications and/or recent surgery may require you to get written approval from a physician before diving.
Avoid disappointment, download and review the Diver Medical form to ensure you won’t need a physician’s approval to dive before enrolling in a scuba course. Instructors, divemasters and dive shop staff are not physicians and should not be asked for medical advice; only medical professionals can give medical clearance to dive.
If you (or your physician) have questions about medical fitness to dive, contact the experts at Divers Alert Network (DAN).
In the PADI Mermaid Instructor course, you will use a monofin (i.e. mermaid tail), mask, snorkel and fins. You may also use a wetsuit and weight belt. Using gear designed specifically for mermaiding is best; however, in this beginner course, you may be able to use snorkeling equipment you already own. If you are a freediver, some of your gear (e.g. mask, fins, snorkel) is also mermaiding gear.
- Instructor Course Tuition
- PADI Instructor Application Fee
- Mermaid Equipment, you will need your own Mertail, Fin & Freediving BI Fins.
- Transport (we will do our best to arrange lifts if needed)
How to Book
To enrol onto this course please contact the dive centre. You will then receive an email asking for some more details to get you registered and also offering some help to get you started with your online materials. After that, we will send you more details on logistics of your course, such where to be and when. If you have any questions simply give us a call to discuss this further.Contact Us
Join Our Newsletter
Become a VIP and find out about new arrivals, special offers, destination updates and more in our newsletter.
Join Our Dive Club
Keep diving in your local area by joining our dive club. Our dive club members are all active fivers in the local area. The dive club is open to anyone - whatever agency you trained with, whatever level of diver you are. All you need is a love of diving!
We also organise several holidays each year, UK and abroad, as well as shore dives off the UK coast and regular dive weekends to Vobster Quay. On top of all that there is also regular social events and activities including paintball, 'dry dives' in recompression chambers and regular club meetings.