PADI TecRec - Tec Instrcutor
The entry course into tec diving and your opportunity to join the PADI TecRec professional ranks. Certifications from other diver training organizations may apply - ask your Tec Instructor Trainer.
Tec Instructor has a nice sound to it, especially if you're a PADI Instructor interested in technical (tec) diving and ready to combine your interests. The Tec Instructor course is your entry into the tec diving world and your opportunity to join the PADI TecRec professional ranks. As a Tec Instructor, you'll be qualified to conduct Discover Tec programs, teach the Tec 40 course and assist a Tec Deep Instructor with Tec 45 Diver courses (which is a great way to gain experience).
The Learning Materials
Prerequisites - PADI TecRec Instructor
To enroll in a Tec Instructor course, you must:
- Be a renewed PADI Instructor
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Diver
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Instructor, or have completed a PADI Enriched Air Instructor course.
- Be a PADI Deep Specialty Instructor, or have completed a PADI Deep Specialty Instructor course.
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives, with at least 20 enriched air dives, 25 dives deeper than 18 metres/60 feet and 15 dives deeper than 30 metres/100 feet.
Prior to sending in your Tec Instructor application, you must also:
- Be a renewed PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Instructor
- Be a PADI Deep Specialty Instructor
- Be a Tec 45 Diver
- Have a minimum of 20 stage decompression dives
- Have successfully completed the Tec Instructor course exams
Medical Requirements For Tec
Tec Scuba diving requires a minimum level of health and fitness, you will need to get written approval from a physician before diving.
Please download and review the Diver Medical form and get physician’s approval to dive. Instructors, divemasters and dive shop staff are not physicians and should not be asked for medical advice; only medical professionals can give medical clearance to dive.
If you (or your physician) have questions about medical fitness to dive, contact the experts at Divers Alert Network (DAN), or your own Doctor.
You will not be able to participate in any pool or open water sessions without confirming your fitness to dive.
Technical Scuba Gear You Will Need
To take part in this course you'll use full technical equipment technical, which includes wings and doubles plus an additional deco cylinder, or you may use a technical sidemount configuration sidemount.
Your PADI Tec Instructor will explain the gear required for your tec diving adventures.
Please note during your course, we will offer equipment rental of all of the above core dive gear but this is not included in the price. You will be required to collect your core dive gear prior to the open water training dives from us.