PADI TecRec - Tec Sidemount Instructor
As a Tec Sidemount Instructor, you can teach the advantages of sidemount diving to tec divers or introduce scuba divers to tec diving with the Tec Sidemount Diver course.
For technical divers, using a sidemount configuration is becoming more common and it certainly is convenient for traveling, especially to locations where backmount isn't available. As a Tec Sidemount Instructor, you can teach the advantages of sidemount diving to tec divers or introduce scuba divers to tec diving with the Tec Sidemount Diver course.
The Learning Materials
Prerequisites - PADI TecRec Tec Sidemount Instructor
To enroll in a Tec Sidemount Instructor course, you must:
- Be a renewed PADI Instructor
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Diver
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Instructor, or have completed a PADI Enriched Air Instructor course
- Be a PADI Deep Specialty Instructor, or have completed a PADI Deep Specialty Instructor course
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives, with at least 20 enriched air dives, 25 dives deeper than 18 metres/60 feet and 15 dives deeper than 30 metres/100 feet
- Be a Tec 45 Diver
Prior to sending in your Tec Sidemount Instructor application, you must also:
- Be a PADI Tec Instructor or higher rating
- Be a PADI Tec Sidemount Diver
- Have logged at least 20 technical sidemount dives including 10 with three or more cylinders
Medical Requirements For Tec
Tec Scuba diving requires a minimum level of health and fitness, you will need to get written approval from a physician before diving.
Please download and review the Diver Medical form and get physician’s approval to dive. Instructors, divemasters and dive shop staff are not physicians and should not be asked for medical advice; only medical professionals can give medical clearance to dive.
If you (or your physician) have questions about medical fitness to dive, contact the experts at Divers Alert Network (DAN), or your own Doctor.
You will not be able to participate in any pool or open water sessions without confirming your fitness to dive.
Technical Scuba Gear You Will Need
To take part in this course you'll use full technical equipment technical, which includes wings and doubles plus an additional deco cylinder, or you may use a technical sidemount configuration sidemount.
Your PADI Tec Instructor will explain the gear required for your tec diving adventures.
Please note during your course, we will offer equipment rental of all of the above core dive gear but this is not included in the price. You will be required to collect your core dive gear prior to the open water training dives from us.