PADI TecRec - Trimix Instructor
As a Tec Trimix Instructor you can teach the full range of deep open-circuit tec diving courses, including Tec Trimix 65 and Tec Trimix Diver. It's a respected certification only a few achieve.
Becoming a Tec Trimix Diver takes you to the outer edge of technical diving. Earning the Tec Trimix Instructor rating makes you the person who trains these extreme divers. It's a respected tec diving instructor certification that few achieve. If you've got the experience and are up for the challenge, then it could be your next step. As a Tec Trimix Instructor you can teach the full range of deep open-circuit tec diving courses, including Tec Trimix 65 and Tec Trimix Diver.
The Learning Materials
Prerequisites - PADI TecRec Trimix Instructor
To enroll in a Tec Trimix Instructor course, you must:
- Be a PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer
- Be a PADI Tec Deep Instructor, or have completed the PADI Tec Deep Instructor training course
- Be a PADI Tec Trimix Diver
- Have a minimum of 200 logged dives, with 20 tec decompression dives of which at least 10 dives were deeper than 40 metres/130 feet using trimix.
Prior to sending in your Tec Trimix Instructor application, you must also:
- Be a PADI Tec Deep Instructor
- Have assisted with at least one Tec Trimix Diver course
- Have a minimum of 350 logged dives, with 50 decompression dives deeper than 40 metres/130 feet of which 30 dives must be deeper than 40 metres/130 feet using trimix and 10 dives deeper than 50 metres/165 feet using trimix with less than 21 percent oxygen.
- Have successfully completed the Tec Trimix Instructor course exams
Medical Requirements For Tec
Tec Scuba diving requires a minimum level of health and fitness, you will need to get written approval from a physician before diving.
Please download and review the Diver Medical form and get physician’s approval to dive. Instructors, divemasters and dive shop staff are not physicians and should not be asked for medical advice; only medical professionals can give medical clearance to dive.
If you (or your physician) have questions about medical fitness to dive, contact the experts at Divers Alert Network (DAN), or your own Doctor.
You will not be able to participate in any pool or open water sessions without confirming your fitness to dive.
Technical Scuba Gear You Will Need
To take part in this course you'll use full technical equipment technical, which includes wings and doubles plus an additional deco cylinder, or you may use a technical sidemount configuration sidemount.
Your PADI Tec Instructor will explain the gear required for your tec diving adventures.
Please note during your course, we will offer equipment rental of all of the above core dive gear but this is not included in the price. You will be required to collect your core dive gear prior to the open water training dives from us.